Today I want to share what I think is a really cute slimline card idea because you can adapt it to so many different themes. I chose three seasons but you could use this concept for flowers in a garden, times of the day or any other time when you want to show the same motif in different stages. For this card I used the Rubbernecker Slimline OPC Square, Cabin, Winter Tree, Stitched Hills, Tiny Leaves, Grass #2, Tiny Flower Buds, Small Birds, Globe Tree #1 and Apples, Pears and Corn.
The Slimline Frame and Scene Base
- Use white cardstock to cut the slimline frame, 3.50″ x 8.50″ card base and 3.00″ x 8.00″ scene base.
- Apply light blue ink to the to the scene base using a blender brush.
- Apply darker blue ink to the winter section of the scene using a blender brush to add a darker shade for the winter sky.
- Use green and white cardstock to cut the stitched hill sections and attach them to the back of the frame using double stick tape.
- Mask off the frame of the winter section and use a small palette knife to apply white embossing paste to the white ground section.
- Set the frame and scene base aside.
The Trees and Leaves
- Cut three trees using Kraft cardstock.
- Trim the branches off the trees to fit inside the frame openings.
- Color the tree trunk and branches using a dark brown Copic marker. Note: I colored the trees with an alcohol marker to avoid having brown ink bleed through the white embossing paste that I applied on the next step. Even when dry darker water based inks have a tendency to bleed into the paste.
- Use a small palette knife to apply the white embossing paste to the winter tree branches.
- Cut the tiny leaves using green and white cardstock.
- Use mini applicators to color the white leaves with orange, red and light green ink.
- Form the leaves using a molding pad and the leaf tool.
- Cut the cabins using Kraft cardstock and cut one roof section using white corrugated cardstock..
- Use mini applicators to apply light brown ink to the body of the house and dark brown ink to two of the roof sections.
- Use rolled up strips of double stick tape to attach the roof sections to the cabins.
- Apply white embossing paste to the roof of the winter house using a small palette knife.
The Scene Accessory Pieces
- Use green cardstock to cut the grass sprigs and red cardstock to cut the tiny flowers and birds for the middle scene.
- Cut the tiny Christmas lights for the winter cabin using red cardstock .
- Cut the tiny Christmas tree for the winter scene using green cardstock and the tiny star using yellow cardstock.
- Use orange cardstock to cut an apple from the Apples, Pears and Corn set to use in the fall scene.
Assemble the Slimline Card
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the frame.
- Attach the trees to the back of the frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the blue scene base.
- Attach double stick tape to the back of the scene and frame and attach it to the card base.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the cabins and tuck them in behind the ground sections and attach to the card base.
- Attach the leaves to the trees using glossy accents.
- Add a few fall leaves to the sky area and roof and on the ground using glossy accents.
- Use mounting tape to attach the tiny Christmas tree to the winter cabin.
- Add the grass and tiny flowers to the middle scene using glossy accents.
- Attach the small bird to the sky area of the middle scene using a small piece of mounting tape.
- Tuck the tiny pumpkin in behind the grass section of the fall scene and attach using a piece of mounting tape.
I sure hope you’ve started your own slimline card idea board on Pinterest and that you will save this card to it for a future crafting session! You can find lots more slimline ideas in my Slimline Card Category. And for more inspiration check out these slimline projects here on the Rubbernecker Blog.
One thought on “A Super Cute Slimline Card Idea!”
LOVE THIS! Need to make this. Really great!!