For my project today I show how I frame a sentiment with flowers. I had this large purple flower on my desk from recording the paper flower shaping video that I posted earlier this week and thought I would use it with foliage, a couple smaller flowers and a floral frame to highlight a sentiment. The Special Joy sentiment could be used for any special occasion-birthday, anniversary, thinking of you, etc. I framed it using the Floral Frame, Organic Shapable Poppy, Mixed Flower Stack and Flowers #5 (leaves).
The Card Base, Sentiment and Floral Frame
- Cut an A2 sized card base and Floral Frame using white cardstock.
- Use the frame to line up where in the opening the sentiment should be stamped.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
The Purple and Pink Flowers and Leaves
- Cut the flowers using purple and pink cardstock.
- Place the purple flower sections face down on the molding pad and form the petals using a large round stylus.
- Form the small purple flower sections using a smaller ball stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the flower sections together using glossy accents. Note: Check out my Paper Flower Shaping 1 video if you would like to see how I made the large purple flower.
- Place the pink flower sections face down on the molding pad, form them with a small round stylus and attach the sections together using glossy accents.
- Cut the leaves using green cardstock. and score the leaves using the leaf tool.
- Note: If you want to make beautiful flowers you need to have the right tools. I highly recommend the Sizzix Paper Sculpting Kit. It contains everything you need to shape and create beautiful flowers.
Arrange the Flowers and Leaves
- Cut the leaf branch apart in two sections leaving the three top leaves on the branch together.
- Attach the three leaf section to the upper left corner of the frame pointing down the side of the card and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut the remaining two leaves apart and attach them to the upper left corner pointing across the top of the card and attach using glossy accents.
- Apply a generous amount of glossy accents to the flowers and attach them to the card base.
- Finish the flowers by attaching white premade Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centers using glossy accents.
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I frame a sentiment with flowers? The flowers and floral frame add so much elegance to the card and highlights the “bloom themed” sentiment perfectly. Check out this Pinterest link if you would like to see more floral framed sentiment cards. I appreciate you coming by today and I hope you have a safe and happy weekend.
Here are the dies and sentiment stamp used for my card.