So Christmas has come and gone, and now we have the pleasure of thanking all our friends and family for the amazing gifts that were given. Today we have a sweet and simple “Thank You” card, that feels wintery and warm.
Clean and simple is this months theme and Melinda said, “I really enjoy CAS cards so I was super exited about that. After perusing Pinterest for some inspiration I was off.” We love when our designers get excited for a theme, because they come up with some of the best ideas that really make our products shine! If you are not quite ready to be done with Christmas crafting, winter crafting is the next best thing. Let’s follow along with Melinda as she makes this sweet and simple Thank You card to send out after the holidays!
- Start with an A2 sized card panel and blend some of the lightest blue Color Fuse ink in a circular motion in the upper center of the card panel.
- Next spray a light mist, one small squirt on the panel and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Heat set. This gives a snowy look.
- Now with a silver gel pen add a few dots here and there for some stars.
- Cut your ink blended panel to 3.68″x4.86″
- Cut the second largest frame from the Inside Scallop frame die.
- add foam tape the the back of the frame and stick onto the ink blended card base. If the base is slightly larger than the frame trim a bit.
- For my trees I used a scrap I already had, but you can easily create your own with some ink smooshing with some green inks. add some water sprinkles and a bit of white embossing powder and heat set after the green ink is dry.
- die cut the trees. Using the tree trio from the Three Pine Tree Forest die, die cut your trees from the green paper you created. Cut and extra piece from white card stock.
- Cut a half circle off the bottom of the tree die cut.
- glue the green trees to the white and make it off set. This adds another snowy dimension.
- Die cut the little Houses from the Winter Village die set from white card stock and cut some tiny gold shapes for the window opening
- glue down the trees on the middle right side of the card panel
- Glue down your houses under the trees onto the tree hillside area.
- Take some white card stock and cut your Small Classic Alphabet letters. while the letters are still in place blend some pink Color Fuse ink and color the letters. You can also cut from already colored paper.
- Pick out the letters spelling thanks and adhere down the right side of the card. Use a ruler to make sure your letters are straight.
What a beauty! We just love how this turned out. The simplicity of it but also the beauty of it. If you loved this project as much as we did, shop via the links below. We hope you had a Merry Christmas and have fun making all these CAS Thank You cards!