Hello friends, happy Sunday! Today we have a slimline card that’s sweet and summery-perfect for those summertime birthdays (We may have some exciting “slimline” news dropping later this week…stay tuned!)
Todays card uses this adorable Island Bike stamp and die along with the Birthday Balloons stamp that is oh-so-popular because of the sentiment incorporated into the balloon strings! Our designer did a wonderful job choosing fun summer colors, and those tiny floral details are everything (insert heart eye emoji).
Because birthday cards are always in high demand, we encourage you to follow along and make a few for your stash. We can think of one, or two…or ten people who may want one of these! haha
Here are the steps for this quick and easy card:
- Score 7″ x 8-½” piece of 80# Neenah Solar White card stock at 3-½”.
- Ink some Sonata blue ink (from Set #8) with a blender brush to create a blue sky.
- Smoosh some of the Sonata ink onto a glass mat, add a bit of water with a paint brush, and spatter some blue droplets onto the sky.
- Stamp the Island Bike 1 and the Birthday Balloons with Copic safe ink on 80# Neenah. (Marker colors are listed below.)
- Color with Copic markers and die cut with Island Bike 1 Die and Birthday Balloons Die. Add some foam tape to the back of the die cuts.
- Die cut the grass layers, using Grass Die Cuts, from two shades of green card stock. Trim the pieces to 3-½”, adhere together, and then to the card base.
- Adhere the bicycle, slightly offset, and trim off the excess.
- Die cut flowers with the Small Flowers #1 die and butterflies with the Small Butterflies Die from white card stock. Colored the flowers and the butterfly with any marker colors that fit your summer vibe. .
- Shape the flowers with a rounded stylus and foam mat.
Next our designer adhered the flowers around the bicycle with liquid glue. She added glue just to the center of the butterfly so she could shape the wings upwards.
And there you have it- a beautiful and bright summertime birthday card. If you make this project, we would love for you to tag us so we can see your creativity shine!
BG07, BG15, BG32,
RV13, RV21, RV10,
C9, C7, C5, C3,
Y26, Y19, Y15, Y13, Y08, Y02, Y00, YG00, YR16