From Well Plated
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella, cheddar, or similar melty cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: cooked bacon; Canadian bacon or ham; leftover gravy; hollandaise sauce; sautéed spinach or mushrooms; chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, or chives
- Place the stuffing in a large bowl, gently breaking up any large clumps. Add the egg and stir to combine, making sure that all of the stuffing is evenly moistened. Stir in the cheese.
- Portion 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into your hands and shape into a patty that is about 3 inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. Repeat for the remaining mixture. You will have about 5 patties total.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Gently fry the cakes on each side until the patties are lightly crisp on the outside and warmed through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cakes to a paper towel-lined plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you prepare the eggs.
- With a paper towel, lightly and carefully wipe the skillet clean, then heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in the skillet. Fry the eggs until the yolk is nearly set, about 2 minutes per egg. Top the cakes with any desired add-ons (bacon, sautéed spinach, gravy, etc.), a fried egg, salt, and pepper. Enjoy immediately.