From Serious Eats
- 1 1/4 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sour cream, milk, egg, and maple syrup. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan and add to mixture. Whisk until homogenous.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until just combined (do not overmix).
- Melt 1 tablespoon remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat and swirl to coat pan. Add four 1/4-cup batches of batter, using the back of a ladle to smooth them out into 4-inch disks. Cook, swirling gently on occasion, until the first side is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until browned on second side and pancakes are puffed, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate set in a warm oven and repeat until all pancakes are cooked. Serve immediately with extra maple syrup.