Well, here we are in September, Folks. Fall is coming and we are sure many of you have even started your Christmas cards already. Today, we have a card that’s ideal for anytime of year, because “Hugs” are always in season (although in 2020 you may have to wear a mask and gloves and give air-hugs). This fun pink-dream-of-a-card is sure to make any recipient feel the love. Follow along as our designer, Jamie, makes this fun and simple slimline.
Here’s how this card was made-
- Stamp white cardstock from The Paper Company 3.25″ x 8.25″ with ‘Not So Many Random Dots’ repeatedly using Blush Color Fuse Ink. Set aside.
- Die-cut three shades of pink cardstock using the Slimline OPC Hearts and save all of the circles and hearts.
- Place one of the die-cut panels on the stamped cardstock and place a small dot of Nuvo Adhesive in the centers of the hearts on the stamped panel, then place the hearts inside of the negative space of the die-cut piece as seen below.
- Once the hearts and circles have been glued, carefully remove the larger slimline piece to reveal the pattern.
- Layer this piece onto a slightly larger black panel and apply black and white check washi tape to the left side.
- Pop this up on a pink slimline card.
- Lastly, die-cut “Hugs” out of black cardstock and lay over the top of the hearts. The contrast really makes the sentiment pop.
So easy, and so fun. This is a project that can be made for any time of the year, and sent at anytime to brighten someones day. Why not make a few to keep on hand for those “just because” occasions that pop up. Happy Crafting!
One thought on “A Card full of Hugs… Because it’s Monday!”
Hugs are definitely in season all year long! And it’s my most-used word die from RN as well. LOL