Hello friends! Did you know that black and white cards can be every bit as stunning as their colorful counterparts?
Carol here today and I have a sweet card today using the beautiful Daisy Bouquet #2 stamp. I’ve paired this awesome stamp with my favorite type of patterned paper–gingham!! I am using all black and white set off with a pop of bright yellow. Black and white cards usually look more…….PUNCHY….when you use a bright color and this is a perfect example.
I love it when you have a beautiful stamp and it’s also an easy one to use to make a quick card!
creating the card base:
- Layer a 5-½” x 4-¼” piece of yellow card stock on a top folding A2 card base.
- Add gingham paper trimmed to 5-¼” x 4″.
- Stamp the Marvelous sentiment in black ink and die cut it with a die from the Nested Rectangle Small Stitched die set.
- Layer the sentiment onto a black piece of card stock.
- Use liquid glue and adhere it to the card base.
The Daisy Bouquet:
- Stamp the daisy onto Neenah Solar White 80# card stock with Copic safe ink.
- Color the image with Copic markers. I’ve listed the markers at the end of this post.
- Die cut the piece with a Nested Rectangle Stitched die.
- Layer it onto a piece of black card stock with liquid glue.
- Add a piece of ribbon around the panel and tie into a knot. I’ve had this ribbon forever in my stash!
- Add foam tape to the back of the panel and adhere it to the card base.
- I added a few Yellow Dandelion NUVO Crystal Drops for a bit of embellishment.
C5, C3, C1, C00, YG17, YG25, YG03, YG01,
I love the daisies with the sentiment and gingham and you can make your own batch of stunning black and white cards using these and whatever color card stock you have on hand! I hope this card makes you smile. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful, crafty week!