Cards with bright colors are perfect for all occasions. I have had so much fun creating these projects with the new Rubbernecker Vases and Shelves set and creating clean and simple designs on bright white backgrounds so the colors would pop. I’m sharing two cards today that would be perfect to send to family and friends to let them know you are thinking of them during this strange and stressful time in our country. Who wouldn’t be cheered up to open one of these brightly colored cards! On the first card I paired the flowers vases with the new Crosshatch Design die and Nested Deckle Rectangle. For the second card I framed the vases using the Nested Scallop with Holes and Nested Rectangles.
The Vases and Flowers
- Cut the vases and flowers with brightly colored cardstock and the foliage using green cardstock.
- Attach the foliage sections to the back of the vases using glossy accents.
- Form the flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Use glossy accents to attach the flowers to the foliage.
The Card Bases
- For the first card cut the deckle layer and crosshatch design.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the deckle layer and attach it to the card base.
- Use thin strips of mounting tape to attach the crosshatch to the white layer.
- For the second card cut the scalloped frame and rectangle mat.
- Use strips of mounting tape to attach the scalloped frame to the rectangle mat frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the two frames and attach it to the white card base.
Arrange and Attach the Vases
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the vases.
- Cut a brown shelf for the second card and attach it to the card base using mounting tape.
- Arrange the vases and attach them to the card bases.
- Finish the cards by inserting pre made Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centers of each flower and attach using glossy accents.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my cards with bright colors. Do you have a favorite brightly colored card you would like to share? If so please leave a link in the comments below. You can find lots of colorful inspiration at this Pinterest link. I sure do appreciate you coming by today and I hope you are planning on staying home and safe.
Here are the dies used for both projects.
I love making cards with bright colors.