My project today is a country Christmas barn scene made to match the fun scene on the designer paper background. I love that the Rubbernecker Barn matches the shape of the barn on the paper. I paired the barn with the Evergreen Trees, Greenery #2 and created the snow layer using the Borders # 3. One of the tree stamps from the 3 Pine Trees set is perfectly sized match for the evergreen trees so I used it to apply a snowy layer for the trees.. The background paper is from the Carta Bella Christmas Market 6 x 6 pad.
The card Base and Snow Layer
- Cut a piece of designer paper to fit the card base and attach it using ATG adhesive.
- Use white cardstock to cut the snow layer.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the snow layer and attach it to the card base.
The Barn and Decorations
- Use red and white cardstock to cut the barn pieces.
- Attach the doors and window to the front of the barn using glossy accents.
- Create a rolled strip of double stick tape, attach it to the back of the white barn roof section and attach it to the barn..
- Cut a couple sections of the greenery branches using green cardstock.
- Attach some of the branches to the roof of the barn using glossy accents.
- Create a tiny wreath using small greenery branches and attach it to the barn doors using glossy accents.
- Punch out 1/8″ red circles, attach them to the wreath using glossy accents and apply red stickles for sparkle.
- Apply white Gesso to the tips of the branches using a small brush.
The Snowy Trees
- Cut the trees using green cardstock.
- Apply white pigment ink to the tree stamp and stamp the tree.
- Dip the tree in white embossing powder and heat.
Assemble the Card
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the barn and trees.
- Tuck the barn and back trees behind the snow layer and attach to the card base.
- Attach the front trees to the front of the snow layer.
- Finish the card by attaching a small gingham bow to the barn roof greenery branches.
Here are links to the stamp and dies that I used for my project.
I had so much fun making this country Christmas barn scene and matching the designer paper background. Do you like using designer paper on your card fronts? Sometimes it’s the perfect touch to combine with stamps and dies to create a perfect card. There is lots of Christmas barn scene inspiration on this Pinterest link. I sure appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great weekend.