Have you run out of tags for your presents? We have two quick Christmas present tags plus a tag to use for New Year’s Eve. These are fun designs that you can use for all of your holiday gifting!
We are in the final stretch before the holidays and coming up with an easy last-minute card or gift tag is sometimes challenging. Today Carol is bringing us three amazing tags that are sure to dazzle and add that extra touch to your holiday gift. Follow along with her quick instructions and awesome photos to recreate one of these amazing tags for your next gift!
- Die cut the largest Holiday Tags Die with black cardstock.
- Choose two patterned papers and die cut the smallest Holiday Tags Die. I used one paper each from Festive Farmhouse and Wintery Woodlands paper pads.
- Using the Birthday Balloons Stencil Set position either the stencil with the dots or triangles over the black cardstock tag.
- Press the corner of a gold pigment ink pad through the openings. (I tried sponge daubers and blending brushes, but the direct-to-paper method worked the best, and easiest.)
- Use your heat tool to dry the ink before proceeding to the next stencil.
- Press the pigment ink through the second stencil layer and heat dry.
- Next place the balloon stencil layer over the black tag.
- Use a palette knife to spread some pretty gold texture paste through the stencil openings. Set this aside to dry.
- For the two small tags, we will die cut the Pine Tree Forest die from some white cardstock and a piece of gold metallic cardstock.
- To make these tree pieces fit perfectly along the bottom of the tag, place the small Holiday Tags Die over the tree pieces, secure with removable tape, and run it through your die cutting machine. See example in the next photo.
- Use glue to adhere the trees to the bottom of each tag.
- Next die cut the pieces in the Wine Glass and Bottle Die set from gold, black, and white cardstock.
- Use glue to adhere the layers together.
- When the black tag’s paste is dry, use foam tape to secure the bottle and glass to the tag.
- Stamp a sentiment from the New Year’s Party Set onto black cardstock after you add anti-static powder to the cardstock.
- Sprinkle on gold embossing powder and heat set.
- Die cut the sentiment with the smallest Nested Tag Stitch Die.
- We do a technique called partial die cutting to shorten the tag by placing the bottom edge of the die just a bit below the sentiment.
- Secure the die into place with removable tape and die cut.
- Die cut white cardstock with the tag die.
- Use your scissors to trim it to match the length of the tag with the sentiment.
- Line up the holes with the white tag offset behind the black tag and glue together.
- Next stamp the sentiment from the Kittie Says Christmas stamp set once with black ink and on another piece of white cardstock, stamp in Versamark Clear embossing ink.
- Add gold embossing powder and heat set.
- Die cut the sentiments with a Small Tags Die.
- Add foam tape to the back to adhere to each tag as shown in the photos.
- Choose coordinating ribbon from your stash and tie to each tag.
Wow! We are so impressed with the ease and beautify of these fun tags! Great job Carol!!! If you want to snag these ideas and create some tags of your own, shop the links below. Happy Holiday Crafting!