This clean and simple macrame planters card was fast and easy and is such a pretty card for any occasion. I have all kinds of ideas running through my head on how to use these dies. My next card will definitely be with at least one hanging in front of a die cut window. For this project i used the Rubbernecker Macrame Planters, Leaves and Greenery, Small Flowers #3, Tiny Flower Buds, Nested Rectangle Scallop and Best Friends stamp set.
The Scalloped Card Base
- Cut a piece of aqua and white cardstock 5.50″ by 4.25″ each.
- Use the largest dies in the Nested Rectangle Scallop set to cut out both pieces of cardstock.
- Line up and center the die on the aqua cardstock and cut out to create the outer frame for the card base.
- Cut the white cardstock layer using the same large die.
- Use a 5.50″ strip of aqua cardstock and large die to cut the valance border.
- Stamp the sentiment on the white scallop layer using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Turn the white layer and aqua frame face down and attach the two together using double stick tape.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the layers and attach to the white card base.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the scalloped valance layer and attach it to the top of the card.
The Macrame Planters, Foliage and Flowers
- Cut the macrame hangers using cream cardstock and apply Antique Linen ink to each using a mini applicator.
- Use bright pink, aqua and yellow cardstock to cut the planters.
- Apply glossy accents to the hangers and attach them to the planters.
- Cut the Leaves and Greenery set out several times using green cardstock.
- Tuck the foliage in behind and around the plant hangers and attach using glossy accents. Note: The Leaves and Greenery set has several different shapes of foliage that are so perfect to work with these macrame planters.
- Use bright pink, aqua and yellow cardstock to cut the flowers and form them all using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Arrange and attach the flowers to the foliage using glossy accents.
- Attach pre made white Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centers of the larger flowers.
- Finish by attaching the macrame planters to the card base using mounting tape.
How would you use these dies to make a macrame planters card? I can envision creating outdoor and indoor window scenes with the planters hanging near or in front of the window. I appreciate you coming by today and I hope you are taking good care of yourselves during this trying time.
Here are the dies and stamp set used for my project.