Check out this slimline Father’s Day card idea perfect for a dad who loves the outdoors!
With loads of extra space to write as much as you want, today’s slimline Father’s Day card idea from Dawn is loaded with fun details all made with easy to use die cuts! She’s laid out all the details for the making and you will love how fast this comes together. It even uses up scraps, which as you know from this post, is a fabulous way to get more from your stash. Let’s dive in!
Start your Father’s Day card base:
- Cut white card stock at 6 x 7 for your card base.
- Score at 3 1/2 on the 7 inch side.
- Cut your background panel for your stenciling all of your die cuts laid out in your scene at 5 7/8 x 6 7/8.
- Take your background panel and use your Clouds Stencil and Serene from the Color Fuse Set #8 and stencil the clouds on the paper.
- Dawn says “As you can see I made a few mistakes but just remember it’s only paper and you can flip it over to the other side and try again!” Also, when you are creating a scene like this one, it’s likely that you will be covering up any of your oopsies with an element.
Make your die cut elements:
Dawn says this is where saving all your scraps really comes in handy. PRO TIP: lay out as many parts and pieces on each cutting plate to save time and wear on your machine AND your arm!
Assemble your outdoor themed card:
- Lay out all of your pieces on your cloud panel, figuring out where you want to add your sentiment.
- Stamp that sentiment either right on the spot or take a photo with your phone to remember your layout and then use your stamp positioner to get that sentiment just right.
- Assemble your scene starting with the back pieces and build it up as you go. PRO TIP: Use liquid glue to add the little details so you have a couple of seconds to get it positioned exactly how you want them.
Ta-daa!!! All those precious details – made with the dies and no fussy cutting – give this card so much to look at and set on a slimline base lets you expand it as much as you want.
Here are the things Dawn used today:
We are getting such a kick out of this slimline Father’s Day card idea and hope it inspires you to play around and see what ways you might want to use it to celebrate a special man this year!