Jamie here with you again this week with a springtime birthday card made with one of Rubbernecker Stamps beautiful new layering stamp sets “It’s Spring Time” and Rubbernecker’s new Color Fuse Inks. I mean, with a name like that you just HAVE to make a springtime birthday card, right?
Here’s how my card was made-
- Die-cut a circle from white cardstock and grey using the Nested Circle Small Stitch Die Cut Set.
- Use the “It’s Spring Time” stamp set to stamp the large flower in pinks using Color Fuse Inks #5 and the small flower with Color Fuse Inks #1. Then add some leaves with Color Fuse Inks #10 on the right side of the die-cut circle.
- Stamp the sentiment from the set with Onyx Black VersaMark Ink and glue to the grey die-cut circle.
- Glue decorative paper to a grey card and glue a strip of white glitter paper to it towards the bottom.
- Pop up the circle on the card using foam squares. Remember that using dimensional adhesive can really make things pop even when you are using just a few colors – it’s a quick and easy way to add some wow!
- Then you just can’t make a springtime birthday card without a butterfly! So I die-cut a butterfly using the Stacked Butterflies from white glitter paper. To add a little color to it, I used a blue alcohol marker to color the body and the edges of the wings.
- Randomly apply a few dots of green Nuvo Drops to the white circle and you’re done!
Here are the items I used on this project – click through to add them to your cart and get your spring on!
Ta-da! This bright and beautiful springtime birthday card is ready to be mailed to its forever home, making someone’s birthday extra special. I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial and have a creative day!