I don’t know about you, but spring can’t get here fast enough. Give me ALL. THE. COLOR. I wanted this project to explode with bright blooms and fun textures, and couldn’t wait to share with all of you! Want to follow along and make a similar card to brighten someones day? You’ll find step by step directions below.
used some beautiful opalescent foil for this one and I just love it. It allows the color behind it to show through and it’s got a beautiful shimmer.
Here’s how I created this colorful encouragement card:
- First, I cut a panel of the Smoothie colored cardstock using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- I placed the Honeycomb stencil over the panel and used masking tape around the edges just inside the stitched lines on the panel so that my honeycomb pattern wouldn’t go right to the edge.
- I used a spatula to apply Thermoweb Deco Foil Transfer Gel through the stencil; lifted off the stencil and set it aside in a safe place to dry.
- Once the panel was dry, I placed the foil over the honeycomb pattern, colored side facing up and ran it through the Minc machine. Once it came through the other side, I pulled the foil off of the top and Voila!
- While I was waiting for the gel to dry, I colored in my pre-stamped image that I cut using the Scan N Cut. I started with Copic markers and added some detail with a little bit of colored pencil.
- I cut white cardstock and that pretty plaid using the Square Combo die. I chose the two frames I wanted to put together and nestled them upside down on my table. I added some adhesive with my runner to keep them together so that I could easily add foam tape to the underside and then added the combined frame to my foiled base.
- I stamped that awesome sentiment onto a one of the nested banner dies that I cut from white cardstock and popped that up inside the frame.
- Finally, I nestled the beautiful floral around the sentiment.
If you do make anything with these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with us in the Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook!
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest, to connect with us even more and for more ideas for ways to make Spring inspired cards!
Ta-Da! A colorful encouragement card, that is sure to brighten anyones day! Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed it. Come back soon and often for more Rubberneck inspiration!
One thought on “A Colorful Encouragement Card”
I adore this, from your coloring, the foiling and that super awesome sentiment!