This Copic colored hand stamped Mother’s Day card is super simple yet so stunning!
Sometimes simplicity offers a beautiful look that allows the images and colors to pop off the page and let the sentiment take center stage. Today’s Copic colored hand stamped Mother’s Day card idea does just that and can be done with any floral image and any color story you like. Swap out the sentiment for even more versions and you’ve got a gorgeous go-to card for so many occasions.
Dawn says “When I saw the Heavenly Hydrangeas stamp set I envisioned just the flowers without the stems on a simple white card base and thought it was the perfect Mother’s Day Card.” Well, she sure was correct! Let’s get into the making!
- Cut your card panel at 4 x 5 1/4.
- When stamping and masking whatever you want to be on the top you will first stamp the mask and continue to stamp from there.
- Place your mat on your stamp positioner and stamp the flower image on each corner.
- Before you add anymore flowers stamp your leaves.
- Then place the mask over what you’ve stamped and then added some fullness to the flower by adding the smaller flower stamps. You can see below that the lower flower is nice and full and now Dawn will mask the top flower and add some more petals.
- Next, stamp your sentiment in the center of the panel.
- Then color your flowers! Dawn used following Copic combination for them – YG06 RV17 RV34 RV02
- She then used the following Copic Markers to color the leaves – YG63 YG25 YG03
- When you are done coloring cut a coordinating card stock base at 4 1/8 x 5 1/4
- Adhere your card mat to your card stock than to your card base which will measure 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
- Add some enamel dots and you’re done!
Here’s what you will want to pull out or snap up if you want to make this card:
Handmade cards are always so special but we know it can be a challenge to always come up with an idea that is doable AND gorgeous. Today’s Copic colored hand stamped Mother’s Day card is one that fits that bill and we hope you give it a try!