Come get all the details for this fall scene card made with die cuts – colorful and loaded with texture, it’s easier than it looks!
Today’s fall scene card made with die cuts is loaded with details and when you see how our designer put this together – even with all the fun steps – you will want to make one yourself! This is the perfect way to use up all those little scraps and since you can add any sentiment you need, you can make a bunch of these cards to use all season long.
Let’s hear directly from Dawn, today’s talented designer, to get all her steps and tips and we will be back at the end of the post.
- Start by cutting out all of your dies.
- I keep all the die cuts on a white piece of paper in piles so they don’t get lost.
- We are going to make a tree with fall color leaves so you are going to want to die cut three different colors of leaves from the Tiny Leaves die.
- Cut out your Winter Tree die with a brown colored card stock for your tree.
- Take each leaf and bend it in the center a little and add a dot of glue.
- Having a precision tip glue is perfect for adhering the leaves.
- Then start adhering all your leaves down.
- It’s a little time consuming but you can see how awesome the colors look.
- Now let’s work on the background of your card.
- Using the Clouds Stencil and Sonata from Color Fuse #8 lay down your first layer of color.
- From the same Color Fuse Set #8 using the Sierra go over in different areas of the clouds to give the sky depth.
- Now were going to work on the grass.
- Using Color Fuse #10 set add Moss to a white piece of card stock.
- With the same Color Fuse Set #10 add color over top of the Moss with Clover.
- This gives your grass depth
- Then take your Grass #2 and cut out a line of grass.
- You are going to do the coloring and die cutting twice.
- This will give your grass a dimensional look.
- Take your pumpkins and add a little color on them with Pumpkin from the Color Fuse Set #2.
- To give your trunk some depth add some color with Pecan from the Color Fuse Set #3.
- Cut out a fence using Picket Fence Die.
- You could add some color with Pecan to give the fence dimension as well if you so chose.
- Now it’s time to add your grass that you cut and adhere it with your fence.
- Lay your tree down on your base to see where you will be stamping your sentiment.
- The sentiment is from the Fall Happiness Set.
- Now start adhering your other elements.
- I added some grass with the Grass Die cut Set.
- Mat your top onto a coordinating colored piece of card stock then onto your card base and your done!
- Use any extra pieces you have to decorate the inside of your card.
To make this card, here’s what you will want to pull out of your stash or add to your cart from our store:
There are so many occasions for which this fall scene card made with die cuts would be perfect – make a list of the cards you need to send and see which ones you can use this spectacular card for.