It was so much fun making this farm pop up box card. When I design a pop up box I like to fill it full of themed images that tells a story, starting on the main top portion of the box and carries over to the three flaps. For this project I used Rubbernecker’s Barn, Tractor, Farm Animals, Chicken/Squirrels, Ducks, Picket Fence, Corn Stalks, Grass, Bird Set and Cloud Stencil. I used Color Fuse Inks Sets #2, #4 to color the chickens and ducks and set #9 to create the cloudy background. The card base was made using the Square Pop Up Box Card kit from The Paper Cut.
Assemble the 3D Pop Up Box Base
- Cut the layering pieces. The sky sections were cut using blue cardstock and the grass layers were made using green cardstock.
- 2 5 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ layers
- 2 3 5/8″ x 2 3/4″ layers
- 4 1 7/8″ x 2 3/4″ layers
- Use a cloud stencil, blender brush and Beachside ink to create the clouds on the blue sky layers.
- Attach the paper layers to the inside and outside card base using ATG adhesive.
- Apply 1/2″ double stick tape to the box tab, line it up and secure the box closed.
- Cut the green grass sections to fit the tabs included in the kit and attach them with ATG adhesive.
- Apply 1/2″ double stick tape to the tabs on both sides of the grass layers and insert them inside the box.
- Note: I use the Be Creative double stick tape on the tabs because it is much stronger than the ATG adhesive. I like to use the ATG adhesive on layering paper because it is fast and easy.
The Barn and Tractor
- Cut the barn using red and white cardstock.
- Assemble the barn pieces and attach to the barn base using double stick tape.
- Cut the tractor using red and black cardstock.
- Assemble the pieces and attach together using mounting tape and glossy accents.
Fence, Grass Layers and Corn Stalks
- Cut several fence sections using white cardstock and grass an corn stalk sections using green cardstock.
- Trim fence sections to fit on the front flap and attach them together using glossy accents.
- Cut the small fence layers to fit on the side flaps.
- Attach grass layers to the back of the fence sections using ATG adhesive.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the bottom of the fence grass sections and a strip of mounting tape to the side fence sections and attach them to the flaps.
The Farm Animals
- Cut the cows and ducks using white cardstock and the chickens using yellow card stock.
- Use a black marker to color the cows and bulls.
- Attach the red collar and gold bell to the cow necks and the gold ring to the bull nose using glossy accents.
- Color the chickens and roosters using Pumpkin and Crimson ink and mini applicators.
- Use a mini applicator and Pumpkin ink to color the beaks and legs of the ducks.
- Cut a bird using red cardstock and color the beak using a black marker.
Assemble and Attach the Farm Pop Up Box
- Apply double stick tape to the back bottom portion of the barn and mounting tape to the back top and attach it to the top card base.
- Tuck the corn stalks in behind the fence sections and on both sides of the barn and attach using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the cows and chickens to the top grass layers.
- Attach the tractor to the front flap using pieces of mounting tape.
- Use small pieces of mounting tape to attach the ducks, red bird and chicken to the flaps.
My thought process for this farm pop up box was “more is more” and it was lots of fun deciding where to place all the images. I like creating themed car and this one definitely says “Farm”. Check out my Fall Pop Up Box Card and Paper Flower Pop Up Box Card to see other fun themed projects. For even more inspiration check out my Pop Up Box category and this Pinterest link. Thank you so much for coming by and I hope you are having a good day. Stay safe and be careful out there.