Candy Bar Wrappers
5335-01D Build an Owl Die
5335-02D Owl Halloween add ons Die
5176D Nested Deckle Rectangle Dies
1349 field of stars background
1343 Snakeskin background
1356 wavy line background
1. Cut orange, purple, and green cardstock with largest die from Nested Deckle Rectangles.
2. Stamp background pattern onto die-cut panel.
3. Cut and assemble Halloween Owls.
4. Wrap a stamped panel around each candy bar and secure in the back with adhesive.
5. Add coordinating ribbon around center and adhere owl on top with foam adhesive.
Slimline Halloween, Bats and Spiders, Ghosts die, battery operated votive, Ranger Shrink Plastic
- Trim 40# vellum to 8-1/2” x 4”
- Place in MISTI and use anti-static bag all over
- Stamp slimline Halloween with Versafine Onyx Black
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set
- On the back side, color with Copics. Use DARK shades of colors and don’t bother blending. Makes a mess.
- Used ribbon from my stash. Ran it through my old Xyron sticker maker and layered them on the long edges
- Add strong adhesive to the ends. First I used 1/8” ScorTape and it didn’t hold after a while so added strong liquid glue, placed various things inside to hold it while it dried.
- See the ghosts and bats? Die cut Ghosts dies and Bats and Spiders die with Ranger Shrink Plastic. Used heat tool to shrink, colored back with white and black paint pens. Used Ranger Distress Collage Medium matte to attach silver thread.
- After dry, used Collage Medium to attached to cylinder, added bow with glue dot.For first photo, I trimmed printer paper to fit as it shows off the stamp, coloring and details more. Which I think makes a good display during the day until it gets dark.
Besides card making I love decorating and using my planner so I decided to combine my two paper loves into one. I made these super easy laminated pocket sleeves to hold the largest slimline die cut.
- Products used
- Nested Rectangle Die (slimline)
- Woodland Animals Clear Stamp Set
- Ghost die
- Bats and Spiders Dies
- Tiny Leaves Die
- Upper Case Alphabet Die
- Color Fuse Inks
- Bee Hive DieTo make these pocket inserts:
Cut your laminated sheets into 3 1/4″ by 8 1/4″. These come attached as two pieces. Each sheet has a shiny and a frosted side. Once cut take the shiny side of each one and place them together. (Shiny in, frosted out) You must have the shiny sides together or everything will laminate together and you will not have a pocket.
Once the frosted sides of your pocket are facing out and shiny in place them inside another set of laminated sheets. I do two at a time to not waste the laminated sheet.
Run through the laminator and trim each pocket to the desired size you want for your planner. To open the pocket you will need to trim the very top of the pocket along the seam.
My sheets I cut down to approx 4 1/4″ x 8 1/4″ or 8 3/4″ leaving a 1/4″ on the outside edge and the inside edge I left approx 1/2″ to allow for my punch. I mostly went with what I liked visually when I was trimming the pocket. Be sure to round the corners once finished so they are not so sharp.
I have a punch that works for happy planner styles but if you use a ring binder style you could use a regular hole punch.
I double cut each of the dies so I could back each one with a clean look (especially if you have coloured your images). This also creates another space to jot notes or decorate some more.
I hope you enjoyed these fun pockets and they are so easy to customize to any size of planner. You can even add glitter and sequins between the layers for a sparkly look.
Gift Card Holders
We did a full video on these yesterday that you just HAVE to check out. But we wanted to include them here too because they are so cute, they deserve a second showing! Tricks and Treats don’t need to be just for kids; include a fun Starbucks gift card for your gal pals and celebrate fall together!
Thanks for checking out our non-card Halloween crafts ideas – please let us know what you make! We LOVE to see your creations!