Happy March everyone, Jamie here with you today and today I am sharing an example of handmade sympathy cards you can put together quickly and easily and yet still send a loving message. I am sure I am not alone when I say I am sure we all hope we never need handmade sympathy cards, but when we do, it’s helpful to have some on hand.
Here’s how my card was made-
- Stamp white cardstock with Crackled Mud Background Stamp with Tea Dye Ink.
- Die-cut the stamped piece using the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch Die Cut Set, in the second to largest size. Using the largest of the dies, cut a piece from pink cardstock and set aside.
- Place three strips of washi tape diagonally across the top right corner of the stamped panel.
- Stamp the Silhouette Flower #4 three times at the bottom of the white panel using VersaMark Ink and Emboss with Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel.
- Layer this onto a slightly larger tan panel and tie tan twine around the bottom.
- Glue this to the pink die-cut piece.
- Pop this up on a tan-colored card.
- Stamp With Sympathy using Onyx Black VersaFine Ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. Cut out close to the sentiment, layer onto a tan panel and pop up on the card using 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
- Apply two pink rhinestones around the sentiment and your card is done.