You will want to save this design for these beautiful handmade thank you cards for friends to use over and over!
It’s so nice to have fun designs for special handmade thank you cards for friends. The people who help us hold it all together are irreplaceable and it’s so nice to send them something that tells them straight up how much they mean to you with a card that you’ve made just for them.
Today’s design is so versatile – you can mix up the flowers, the colors, even swap out today’s charming rustic wood grain details for something totally different. However you do, you will always end up with a card that sends that heartfelt message to those unique people we get to call friends.
Let’s get all the scoop from Lisa, who made this for us today
- Stamp the flowers from the Daisy Day Dream stamp set, die cut them with the coordinating die and color them with your favorite medium. Lisa used her trusty Copics.
- Die cut a sheet of autumn leaf design paper from our Autumn Harvest Paper Pad with the largest die in our Nested Rectangle Small Stitch Die set.
- With the same die, cut a sheet of wood grain paper from the same paper pad.
- Use one of the dies in our Borders #1 set to cut the wood grain paper. PRO TIP: Offset the die a little so the angle is not in the center to give some visual interest.
- Adhere the wood grain die cut piece over the die cut leaf panel with your tape runner.
- Adhere this assembly to a piece of brown sheet of card stock cut to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and then add that to a white card base.Now start adding the decorative elements:
- Add your flowers to the card front using varying thicknesses of dimensional adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment pieces from our Sweet Surprise stamp set in two different colors Color Fuse Ink from Set #3.
- Trim the Thanks For Your piece to a close rectangle and fussy cut the Friendship to leave a teeny border. Add them over your die cut florals with tiny pieces of foam tape.
- Now cut some of your leftover wood grain card stock using our Birdhouse Add On set from the wood grain card stock.
- Arrange these in a little grouping at the top center of your card.
- Die cut our Sea Grass from some tan colored paper from that same Autumn Harvest Paper Pad and trim it down to tuck it behind your florals for a little texture.
As a last touch, add a few sequins and think about how good the lucky person who receives this card is going to feel!
Here are the items from our store that Lisa used today:
You can see how this particular design for handmade thank you cards for friends can be adapted to many different styles, themes, seasons and so on. Make sure you bookmark this post or add it to your Pinterest board so you always have it at the ready!