See how using a layered flower stencil can add the most beautiful details to your handmade cards!
Today we get to feast our eyes on Annie’s beautiful floral thank you card made using one of the sheets from our Modern Florals Paper Pad and a coordinating stamp and layered flower stencil set. We designed these layered stencils to allow you to instantly add gorgeous coloring details to the coordinating flower stamps and this is one of the prettiest examples we’ve seen.
Annie says “The new Modern Florals Paper Pad inspired me to create a simple and pretty card in hues of pink, purple, and grey perfect for sending a winter thank you to a friend.” Well her inspiration is now OUR inspiration! Let’s see how she did it in her own words.
- Stamp the large floral image from the Friends Forever Stamp Set twice onto white card stock using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.
- Using the Friends Forever Stencil Set, apply various shades of pink, purple, and grey ink to the images with Color Fuse Ink Sets #5, #6, and #12.
- Cut the images out using the coordinating die.
- Trim a piece of patterned paper from the Modern Florals Paper Pad to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Die cut white card stock using the second largest frame die from the Outside Scallop Frame Die Set.
- Choose a coordinating solid color from the Modern Florals Paper Pad and trim it to fit behind the white frame.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Kittie Says Phrases #1 Stamp Set onto the upper right corner of the panel with Versamark Ink, add white embossing powder, and melt with a heat tool.
- Adhere the floral patterned paper to a top-folding A2-sized white card base using tape runner.
- Pop the white die-cut frame up on top of the sentiment panel with foam adhesive and add it to the card front with liquid glue.
- Adhere the two stenciled floral images on the left and bottom sides of the frame with more foam adhesive.
We just have to say that we find this card breathtaking and we so wanted to stop processing all the holiday orders coming in right now and sit and make one of these with every single one of our layered flower stencil sets. And talk about easy! The stencils do all the work for you and all you need to do is choose which Color Fuse set you want to use to add all that beautiful color and shading.
Just click on the links in the post and you can build a cart on the store after you sign in. Grab up this Modern Friends combination or pick from any of the others!
We just love the depth and detail you can create using a layered flower stencil with a floral stamp set and really hope, if you haven’t already, that you try one of these out so you can be delighted with your results with so little extra fuss and effort. As much as we love over the top projects, we also love projects that LOOK over the top but came together with easy to use tools!