Check out this quick and easy – yet oh-so-cute – design for handmade winter cards for friends of all ages!
After the holidays, we still have so many cards to send – birthdays keep rolling on up, events keep happening and certainly we send lots of thank yous! Today’s design for all occasion handmade winter cards for friends is so cute and you can just swap out the greeting and have an excellent all purpose winter card ready to go.
We have Carol to thank for this charming project so let’s take a look at her making of it so we can try it out, too!
- Die cut a piece of paper from the Wintery Woodlands paper pad with the largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die.
- Adhere the die cut paper to a white A2 card base.
- Next die cut two 80# white card stock with the Nested Oval Small Stitch die pieces with the fourth largest die. Die cut one more oval from white card stock with the next smaller sized Oval die.
- Take one of the two larger die cut ovals and place one of the Slimline Hills Die across it. Use temporary tape to hold it in place and run it through your die cutting machine. This creates a little hill for the bear to sit on.
- Next use a pallet knife to add a bit of texture paste to the edge of the hill to mimic the look of snow. Set this aside to dry.
- Stamp the bear image from the Wintery Friends set with Copic safe ink. I used a few Copic markers to color the bear. Notice how I colored him similar to the bears on the patterned paper. I love pulling color inspiration from all these gorgeous patterns in the Paper Pads.
- Cut out the bear with the coordinating die.
- Use a white gel pen to add the white dashes on the scarf.
- Next, get the smaller die cut oval and ink on some Arctic and Sky Color Fuse Ink from Set #7 with a detail blender brush.
- Dilute some white acrylic paint with a bit of water and use a paintbrush to add splatters to the inked oval and also a few to the bear.
- When the paint splatters are dry, use foam tape to adhere the hill to the inked oval.
- Then use thin foam tape to adhere the oval scene to the larger die cut oval.
- Adhere the ovals to the card base with liquid glue.
- Add foam tape to the back of the bear and adhere.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Wintery Friends set with Onyx black ink. Trim and adhere to the card with foam tape.
We say this is a winter winner!
Here are the goodies from the store that Carol used today:
Because our Wintery Woodlands Paper Pad uses the same basic color story, you can easily adapt this ideas for these handmade winter cards for friends to all the patterns. You will end up with a lovely stack of the cutest winter cards and can add any sentiment to them later when you have one of those occasions pop up!