Today I’m sharing a spring house and truck scene card made using several dies by Rubbernecker. I modified the Spooky House with a stenciled brick pattern to create a normal house for my scene. I paired the house with the Winter Tree, leaves from the Small Ivy, Truck, Grass, Small Birds and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Cloudy and Grass Card Base
- Cut an A2 sized piece of white cardstock, score and fold to create the card base.
- Create the cloudy background using Tumbled Glass ink, a cloud stencil and a large blender brush.
- Use green cardstock to cut two grass sections.
- Apply double stick tape to the back grass section and attach it to the card base.
- Use double stick tape to attach the front grass section to the card base.
The Brick House
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the house base and gray cardstock to cut the roof and window sections.
- Secure the brick stencil and house with masking tape.
- Apply Antique Linen, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo inks using blender brushes and mini applicators to create the colorful brick pattern.
- Remove the brick stencil and run the Antique Linen ink pad directly over the house to apply color to the mortar lines and blend all the brick colors together.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the house, tuck it in behind the brass sections and attach to the card base.
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the tree.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the tree using by swiping the ink pad directly over the cardstock.
- Cut several small ivy sections using green cardstock.
- Attach the individual leaves from the small ivy sections to the tree branches using glossy accents.
- Apply rolled up double stick tape to the back trunk and branch sections of the tree.
- Tuck the tree ink behind the grass layer and attach to the card base.
- Use blue, gray and black cardstock cardstock to cut the truck sections and trim.
- Attach the fender section to the truck base using rolled up strips of double stick tape.
- Assemble the tire and wheel sections using glossy accents and attach to the truck base using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the headlight, bumpers and door handle to the truck base.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the truck and attach it to the grass sections.
The Ivy, Tiny Flowers and Birds
- Cut the tiny flower buds using yellow cardstock and form them using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Cut the small ivy sections in two and attach flowers to them using glossy accents.
- Tuck the ivy and flower sections in behind the grass and attach using glossy accents.
- Create two tiny ivy and single flower sections and attach them to the windows using glossy accents.
- Cut small birds using yellow cardstock, apply Wild Honey ink using a mini applicator and color their beaks using a black marker.
- Finish the scene by applying small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach them to the card base.
I had so much fun creating this house and truck scene card. If I had it to do over again I would have used aqua cardstock for the truck instead of the blue. I think it would have blended in better with the cloudy background and house colors. Oh well…..next time! Check out this Pinterest link for more house scene card inspiration. For even more inspiration you can check out my House category and my Truck category to see lots of different projects. Thank you so much for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Here are the dies used for my project.