We have ten day left until Christmas, and might be in need of a few extra cards for some new neighbors we met. This Elegant CAS Slimline Card is an awesome go-to creation that is sure to bring some holiday cheer to our new friends!
Today Dawn has chosen to make this simple slimline using the Evergreen Forest Die set and the Slimline OPC Circle Dash Die. The results are beautiful and classic and above all else, fast to create. We know many people start creating Christmas cards in July to get ready for the season, but what happens when you have last-minute needs? You have to have some fast, yet beautiful, options pinned on standby! The month of December we have been focusing on CAS Christmas cards, for those extra projects needed in December! Be sure to check out the other posts this month and stay tuned for what’s to come.
Let’s take a look at how Dawn made this festive card:
- This card will be a slimline card which measures 3 1/2 x 8 1/2.
- This is going to be a CAS card and is so easy to make and duplicate. You can change up the die and sentiment and make this card anything you wish.
- The first thing I did was cut out my Evergreen Forest Die in dark green card stock.
- I used heavy card stock to cut out my Slimline OPC Circle Dash Die.
- Take a 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of 110 LB card stock and cut at 7 inches on the 8 1/2 inch side.
- After you have cut it place the 7 inch side on your score board like shown above and score at 3 1/2.
- I added a small amount of reposition tape on the top left and bottom right of the Slimline Die.
- Now lay it on top of your card base. Make sure to center it onto the card base.
- Now you able to lift up the side to add your trees.
- Going back to your Evergreen die cut trees, take your scissors and cut them in sections that will fit in the top and bottom of your circles.
- I added my trees but didn’t glue them down yet.
- Put your card on your stamp press. Make sure you secure it down with magnets.
- You will be stamping onto your card base. Which makes it so simple. No matting!
- I used the Merry & Bright sentiment from the Laughing Snowmen Set for the center circle.
- I use Versa Fine Black Onyx ink for all of my sentiments as it leaves a perfect stamped image every time. I usually stamp it twice.
- Now take each section of tree and glue the bottom only. You want the trees to have movement and depth on your card.
- Slide each tree section under your Slimline die and adhere to your card base. As seen below.
- Make sure the tops are sticking out.
- Take a fine tip glue and glue along the edges to secure the Slimline die cut down to the card base.
- Clean and Simple card.
- I love the font on the sentiment which gives the card some elegance.
- Now your card is done and you can replicate this so easily.
We hope you loved this project as much as we did. Pin it for later! Want to create this card on your own? Shop via the links below and be sure to tag us in your creations! #Rubberneckerstamps