Clean and simple cards are a favorite, the only ‘difficult’ part about them is knowing when to stop ha-ha! Try this simple CAS card idea using one stamp set and a few ink pads, to make your holiday cardmaking dreams come to life.
Melinda joins us today making this fun ink-blended card that is sure to inspire. Melinda says, “I loved this new set and definitely wanted to use it for this months theme”. We are so happy you did Melinda, because this card is giving us all the Winter Night vibes! Follow Melindas steps below to recreate this project!
- Start with a 4 1/4″x5 1/2″ piece of card stock. I like die cut after I ink blend, just in case i don’t get everything straight. You can take your A2 die and shift it until the ink blended section is straight.
- Using masking tape make a small rectangular frame in the upper portion of your panel.
- Now take a really small circle die and cut a circle out of masking paper.
- Adhere the circle mask to the upper right of the masked panel.
- Next get 3 of your blue Color fuse inks, either one of the blue sets will work here, and using the lightest color blend from the top down. Go slow to get a good ink gradient you have to be patient.
- Now take the next darker color and blend about 2/3 of the way across the top your already blended.
- lastly take your darkest color and ink up just the edges. again go slow you can always add more.
- Now take the largest branch from the All is Calm stamp set and stamp it on the left side of the masked panel.
- Remove all your masking tape. Pull the tape slowly and at and angle to the paper to keep from tearing.
- Now cut the rectangle with your nested small stitch die.
- In the white circle area use a bit of light grey Color fuse ink on a small brush and dab in three areas. Go super light and add more color in a smaller and smaller area to create depth. Ink up the moon thinking about the face we all see there and place your light dabs of in accordingly.
- Next take the Merry Christmas sentiment and stamp it across the lower right. I placed mine half in and half out of the inked area.
Want to snag these fun Color Fuse Inks, or this awesome stamp set to use in your own creations? Shop below!