Hello all, Preeti here on the Rubbernecker blog.Today I want to share with you one of my pretty backgrounds for cards. Let me explain how I created this.
I never get tired of looking at all the beauty found in nature. The flowers all around us (for many of us its only during spring and summer), the beautiful colors of the sky and even the wintry snowscapes, everything so impeccable and beautifully created. One such time of the day for me is the dawn. The early morning sunrise, the orange and pink hues of the sky melt my heart every day, no matter the season. I am always in awe of my creator and the blessings of a new day. Today’s card is my Serenade to my creator. Let’s take a look:
Here’s how you can recreate this look:
- Start by stamping the daisies from the Daisy Bouquet stamp set in a row at the bottom of a white cardstock, cut at 41/4×5 inches, using a copic friendly ink.
- Color the flowers with copics of your choice or any other coloring mediums you are comfortable with. I kept my daisies white, because they are my favorite kind. I used C3 C1 and C0 for the daisy petals and E33 Y35 Y32 YR12 and Y11 for the flower centers.
- Add colors to the stamps and the tiny leaves using G99 G94 and G24. I added some white gel pen dots to the tip of the thin grass to make it look like Queen Ann’s Lace. Wrap a jute thread few times at the bottom of this panel and tie it into a bow.
- I added R14 R22 R30 for the sunrise background behind the daisies. I flicked R30 leaving harsh edges to show some grass way in the back. After you finish coloring, cut the colored flower panel from the top slightly.
- Cut a kraft card stock to 4 3/4×6 3/4 inches. Add the first sentiment in black and the second sentiment Sending Love, embossed with gold embossing powder on the top half of the kraft card stock. Adhere this kraft panel with the sentiment on to a side folding 5×7 inches white note card with liquid adhesive.
- Add foam adhesive to the colored floral panel and add it to the kraft card stock. The width of the floral panel is the same as the width of the white note card 5 inches. Scatter some clear droplets to show dew on the flowers and your card is finished.
Hope you liked today’s card. Don’t forget to stop by the Rubbernecker Instagram to post and be inspired by some amazing inspirations from all the wonderful ladies. Also make sure you are adding all your beautiful creations to the Rubbernecker Facebook Fan page.
Have an awesome day and thank you for stopping by to check out my technique for creating pretty backgrounds for cards of all kinds.