It appears I am on a double shutter card kick lately and maybe it’s because I am SO over the winter months, but the idea of handmade beach cards just kept calling out to me to be made! Here’s the one I have today. I used the Rubbernecker Beach Chairs, Beach Umbrella, Palm Trees, Deckle Hills, Waves, Birds, Tall Bucket, Lifeguard Tower (surfboard), Sun Moon, Boats #1 and Grass #2.
The Card Base
- The card base was made using a pre scored A2 sized card from White Double Shutter Card kit.
- Use your bone folder to sharpen the folds of the card.
- Cut the designer paper sections to fit the card base.
- four 1 15/16″ x 5 3/8″ pieces of blue paper.
- one 4 1/16″ x 5 3/8″ piece of blue paper.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the blue layers and attach to the card base.
The Beach and Waves
- Cut the beach and waves layers using Kraft cardstock and designer paper.
- eight 1 15/16″ x 1″ beach layers layers.
- two 4 1/16″ x 1″ beach layers.
- four 1 15/16″ wave layers.
- one 4 1/16″ x 1″ wave layer.
- Apply double stick tape to the beach layers and attach to the flaps and center card section.
- Use strips of mounting tape to attach the waves layers to the flaps and center card section.
Beach Chairs, Umbrella and Palm Trees
- Use white cardstock to cut the beach chairs, Kraft and green cardstock to cut the palm trees and yellow and blue cardstock to cut the umbrella.
- Tuck the beach chairs in behind the sand layers and attach with small pieces of mounting tape.
- Assemble the umbrella sections using glossy accents and attach to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Attach the palm tree sections together using glossy accents and attach them on both sides of the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
Sun, Birds and Beach Accessories
- Use yellow cardstock to cut the sun and yellow and blue cardstock to cut the boat, ball and bucket.
- Assemble the boat, ball and bucket pieces using glossy accents and tuck them in behind the waves and beach layers using mounting tape. Note: The ball was made using a 1″ circle punch.
- Use a piece of mounting tape to attach the sun to the top of the card base.
- Cut the birds using white cardstock and apply pumice stone ink using a mini applicator.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach to the card base.
- Finish by tucking small grass sections in behind the beach layers and attaching using glossy accents.
So whether you LIVE near the ocean, are sending a card to someone on the water or just want to cheer someone up with the promise of sand and sunshine, you can make this beach card or other handmade beach cards like it and send it off to warm someone’s heart! If you would like more beach card inspiration check out my Beach Card Category or this Pinterest Beach Card page.
Here are the dies used to make my card.
Handmade beach cards are so much fun to make and they can REALLY bring the sunshine!.