Lisa here, I have a fun one for you today with one of these colorful bird cards! I don’t know about you, but I am absolutely loving these quirky birds! They are so fun to color up in various colors! I’m pretty sure I need all of them!
These two were perfect together and it was fun to add one peeking out upside down in the background… looks like trouble to me! We all have that one friend who is always up to no good…and if you don’t, you probably are THAT friend. lol
This sentiment was just perfect. This will be just right for an anniversary card for my husband. I mean really… the foundation of a successful marriage is being able to “put up with” each others’ quirkiness.
And here’s how I created this card:
- I cut my base layer in white 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. I had picked out the yellow paper but knew I wanted a little bit of that minty aqua color (think BG0000, BG10, and BG11) so I added a layer of the aqua leaving a very thin border at 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″. Then I cut a layer of the yellow using the largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die and they fit together perfectly!
- Then I cut a coordinating piece of yellow using the Rectangle Combo OPC #3 and used the 2nd and 3rd largest frames together by laying them upside down on my work surface nested together and adding foam tape to the back covering the seam between the two. Then layered the frame in the center of my base.
- Next I stamped, cut and colored the blue bird using Copic Markers BG0000, BG10, and BG11 as well as YR15, Y11, and Y15 and added a little bit of colored pencil in the nooks and crannies for good measure.
- I popped the blue bird up in the center of my frame and slowly started cutting away the yellow one (before I colored it) to play with his placement. Once I had the look I wanted, I colored him in using the same as the first, but using more yellow than the blue. Once he was colored, I added thin popup tape and inserted him into his position.
- Finally, I stamped that fun (and true) sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock cut using a Nested Banner Stitched Die and popped that up into position. Just a few acrylic dots and sequins to finish it off!
Thank you so much for stopping by today and checking out these colorful bird cards! I hope you enjoyed your visit! Come again soon for more Rubbernecker Stamps inspiration!