Michelle Here today, ringing in the New Year with this “simply fabulous” dog card!
It is a new year and a brand-sparkling-new decade!!! How many people feel like Y2K was just a few years ago? Ummm 20 years ago…say what?!? 2020 has arrived wether we are ready for it or not. I am starting the year getting creative with Rubbernecker Stamps. I love this adorable guy! He “speaks” to me!
I colored this sweet image with Copic Markers keeping the color scheme really simple!
- Stamp dog, leaving room for sentiment to be added at the end
- Color tiny dog with E70, E71, E74, E77
- Color nose with N5, N9, N0
- Color sky with BG10
- Color ground with YG41, YG45, YG00
- Apply sentiment in a black ink to tie it all together.
- Cut each layer with the nesting rectangle stitched dies. 4 layers of varying sizes will be needed to create this effect.
- Assemble card base first, foam tape, rectangle of cardstock, then rectangle of patterned paper, foam tape then another rectangle of cardstock and the image die cut with a final rectangle.
- Pop up first layer and third layer with foam tape and set at an angle.
- Before attaching all the layers to the card base add a bow of twine wrapping the layers all together.
This is the perfect colorful card to send out “just because”. Everyone likes receiving happy mail, am I right? Thank you as always for stopping by for a little creativity and I hope you have a “Simply Fabulous” New Year!
If you do make anything with these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with us in the Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook!
Here are the Rubbernecker products used to make this card: