I had so much fun making this colorful tropical beach card. I created the beach scene background and colored all the tropical foliage and flowers using Color Fuse Inks by Rubbernecker. The inks are so easy to work with and blend beautifully using blender brushes and applicators. I love the large exaggerated foliage and flowers in the foreground with the ocean in the background.
Creating the Ocean and Sky Background
- Cut a 5.25″ x 4.00″ rectangle piece of white cardstock.
- Apply a strip of masking tape down the middle of the cardstock.
- Apply the ocean using a large blender brush and the Beach Side ink from Color Fuse Set #9.
- Remove the masking tape.
- Use a cloud stencil and blender brush to apply a fluffy cloud background using the Beach Side ink.
- Move the cloud stencil around on the cardstock and lightly brush on the ink.
- Note: I flip the cloud stencil back and forth on each layer to create a more natural looking cloud layering.
- Create the appearance of sea foam on the ocean using white embossing paste.
- Use your finger to lightly dab on the paste.
- Create some fine foam as well as a few heavier looking foam sections on the water.
- Attach the background layer to the white card base using ATG adhesive.
Color the Foliage, Flowers and Seagull
- Cut the foliage, flowers and gull using white cardstock.
- Apply shades of the Fern and and Grass ink from the Color Fuse Set 11.
- Apply Blush ink to the flower from the Color Fuse Set #5.
- Apply Chill ink to the wings of the seagull from the Color Fuse Set #12.
Assemble the Card
- Cut the rectangle frame layers using white cardstock.
- Attach the two largest frame layers together using double stick tape.
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the Deckle Hill sand layer.
- Attach the sand layer to the back of the frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the scene layer on the card base.
- Attach the foliage and flowers to the card using glossy accents.
- Finish the scene by attaching the gull in the sky area using a small piece of mounting tape.
I love the brightly colored foliage and flowers on this tropical beach card. The vivid green and pink looks so pretty with the aqua ocean and sky background. Do you enjoy creating beach cards? Check out my Create and Ocean Scene and Palm Tree Beach Scene to see other beach card examples. And there is endless beach card inspiration on this Pinterest link. I appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a good day.