Something new is coming your way tomorrow, July 2nd, and we are so excited to share a little sneak peek at Rubberneckers new Slimline die-cuts designs! Slimline cards have been around for a while, but lately they are all the rage with cardmakers. We don’t know about you, but we are loving the extra space we get to fill on cards this size (usually about 8.5″ x 3.5″; fits in a business-sized envelope)…so if you struggle sometimes with fitting everything on an A2-sized card base, these will definitely be a fun alternative for you!
We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing five new slimline die-cits background dies tomorrow! You may recognize some of the unique border styles from our popular A2-sized mat layer dies. We realized that these fun designs would look awesome on slimline cards too! From left to right above are the Slimline Deckle Die, Slimline Scallop with Holes Die, Slimline Bubble Scallop Die, Slimline Solid Postage Die, and Slimline OPC Scallop Die (bottom, in yellow).
For today’s bright card, our designer used the Slimline Solid Deckle Die for this bright and cheery Thinking of You card; it added the perfect distressed look to the edges of the field of wild daisies. Keep reading to see how easily this card came together.
STAMPING THE DAISY BACKGROUND
- Trim a piece of Bristol Smooth paper to a little larger than 8″ x 3″.
- Using the Daisy Bouquet #4 stamp, stamp the image repeatedly in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink across the bottom half of the paper until you fill the entire length of the panel. Stagger the height of each impression and tilt the stamp in different directions to make each image seem different from the next.
COLORING THE IMAGE
- Color the panel using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and a waterbrush if needed. Markers used here are:
- Flowers: Bright Yellow, Yellow, Pale Yellow, Light Gray, Pale Gray
- Leaves: Deep Green, Light Green, Yellow Green
- Sky: Cobalt Blue, Light Blue
- To add a whimsical feel to the image, splatter water droplets over the blue sky area with a paint brush, allow to soak into the paper for a few seconds, and sop up the droplets (along with some of the color) with a paper towel.
FINISHING THE CARD FRONT
- Stamp the “Thinking of You” sentiment from the Kittie Says Phrases #1 stamp set onto the panel in Versamark ink, cover in silver embossing powder, and melt with your heat tool.
- Die cut the panel using the Slimline Solid Deckle die.
- Trim a piece of silver cardstock to 8.125″ x 3.125″ and adhere the colored panel to it with tape runner.
- Adhere the matted card front to a top-folding white slimline card base with foam adhesive.
We love how the Slimline Solid Deckle die adds the perfect finishing touch to this field of wild daisies!
Not a fan of all that coloring? Then maybe this next card is more your style! Allison used the Slimline Bubble Scallop die to add a fun, feminine background to these gorgeous blooms that she was able to quickly stamp up thanks to the perfectly coordinated colors in the Color Fuse Ink Pad Sets. We adore how these pads use graduated color hues for seamless transitions. They pair perfectly with our layer florals!
CREATING THE OMBRE BACKGROUND PANEL
- Die cut a piece of white cardstock with the Slimline Bubble Scallop die.
- Apply three inks from Color Fuse Set #8 to the panel using a blending brush, blending the lightest color (Sonata) all the way to the top of the panel, the middle shade (Sierra) only half-way up the panel, and the darkest shade (Serene) only at the bottom quarter of the panel.
STAMPING THE FLORAL IMAGES
- Stamp both the large and small flowers from the Fragrant Blooms stamp set using the inks in Color Fuse Set #2 and Color Fuse Set #4.
- Stamp several different leafy stems from the Fragrant Blooms stamp set using Fern, Grass, and Juniper inks from Color Fuse Set #11.
- Die cut all of the images out using the Fragrant Blooms die set.
- Die cut white cardstock using the fourth largest die from the Nested Oval Small Stitch dies.
- Die cut gold cardstock once and white cardstock three times using the Hugs die. Adhere the die-cuts together with liquid glue, placing the gold die-cut on top.
- Adhere the ink blended background panel to the front of a top-folding slimline card base using foam adhesive.
- Adhere the layered “hugs” die-cut to the center of the white oval using liquid glue, then pop the oval up in the center of the card using foam adhesive.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves around the oval and adhere in place using multiple layers of foam adhesive for lots of depth and dimension.
We are just so excited about how this project turned out! The new slimline dies are sure to make your projects pop. Be sure to check out the release when it arrives tomorrow, along with tons of other new summer die-cuts and visit our Facebook Fan Group for tons of inspiration!
You are going to want to scoop up these new slimline die-cuts tools as fast as you can because our Gold Status Members got first dibs and HOLY COW!!! Those things were flying out of here like bees after honey! Check ’em out and be the total envy of your slimline cards fans!