Personalize those handmade cards with a sweet little pocket to stash gift cards and cash! Check out this simple card tutorial for a festive Christmas project that will bring the recipient joy AND a gift!
Todays clean and simple Christmas card project comes from our designer, Jamie, who is giving us a quick festive design that adds a little extra somethin-somethin with a basic fold. This card is something simple and easy that will be a quick go-to for your cards regardless of the occasion. Follow along with Jamies bullet points and progress photos below and create something of your own.
- Cut cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and fold in half to a 5 12″ x 4 1/2″ card.
- Score the left side of the card at 1 14″, then place double sided tape on each end of the 1 1/4″ scored piece and fold to seal the edges. This will be for the gift card.
- Cut the house decorative paper from the Snowy Wonder Paper Pad to 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ and glue it to a slightly larger brown panel from the same paper pad. Glue this to the top card panel.
- Cut brown decorative paper from the same pad to 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Stamp this panel using snowflakes from the Christmas Cheer Gnomes Set using white ink and glue to the left side of the open card.
- Die cut blue and white cardstock using the Nested Scallop w/ Half Holes and just white cardstock from the Nested Rectangle Stitch Die Cut Set.
- Stamp the white Nested Rectangle Stitch panel with the sentiment from the Bells and Garland Set with Pecan Color Fuse Ink using a stamping apparatus such as a Misti, clean your stamp without removing it, then ink it with VersaMark Ink and restamp.
- Emboss this with clear glitter embossing powder and glue it to the top of the blue die cut piece.
- Randomly stamp this with snowflakes using a blue ink and add small rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes.
- Stamp the white Nested Scallop w/ Half Holes with the sentiment from the Kittie Says Christmas with Pecan Color Fuse Ink and glue to the inside of the card and add a gift card.
We know your excited to make this card along with us; here is a list of items you will need from our shop to get your holiday craft on!