Have you checked out all of the unique slimline dies in the Rubbernecker store yet? I thought this fun Slimline Postage Die would be perfect for creating a postcard-inspired card for a friend that I’ve been missing lately. Embellished with just a couple of die-cuts on a pretty ink-blended background, I love how the extra empty space afforded by the slimline format really allows me to convey a sense of absence.
- Start by cutting a piece of white cardstock with the Slimline Postage Die.
- Using a blending brush or sponge dauber, apply Lemon ink (Color Fuse Set #1) to the top center area of the die-cut in a circular motion to create the sun.
- Blend Apricot ink (Color Fuse Set #2) across the bottom of the die-cut and around the yellow area just a bit.
- Blend Sky ink (Color Fuse Set #7) next to the orange areas in the top corners. (It’s ok if the overlapping areas turn a little green or brown since this actually looks natural!)
- Blend Serene ink (Color Fuse Set #8) on the top two corners of the die-cut.
CREATING TWO-TONED WAVES
- Die-cut a piece of light aqua cardstock with the Slimline Postage Die.
- Position one of the Waves Dies about an inch up from the bottom and cut the die-cut again all the way across (you’ll have to cut twice to complete the cut).
- Nestle the Waves Die back onto the die-cut and use it as a stencil by inking beneath it with Whisper Ink (Color Fuse Set #9) and a blending brush, creating a foamy top to the waves.
DIECUTTING THE REST OF THE SCENE
- Die-cut a piece of cream pearl cardstock with the Slimline Postage Die.
- Position the flattest Tabbed Mountains Die about 0.75″ from the bottom of the die-cut and cut again all the way across.
- Die-cut white pearl, blue pearl, and silver foil cardstock with the Beach Umbrellas Die to form the canopy, stripes, and umbrella post, respectively.
- Die-cut white woodgrain and blue pearl cardstock with the Beach Chairs #2 Die to form the frame and fabric of the chair, respectively.
- Die-cut kraft woodgrain and two shades of green pearl cardstock with the Palm Trees Die to form the trunk and palm fronds of the palm tree.
- Assemble all die cut shapes with liquid glue.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Kittie Says Phrase #1 stamp set over the ink-blended sun on the background panel using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Adhere the waves die-cut to the ink-blended panel with tape runner, then pop the sand die-cut over top using foam adhesive. Adhere the entire background to a white slimline card base using foam adhesive.
- Pop the umbrella, chair, and palm tree shapes up on top of the card front using foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed this fun postcard-inspired card featuring one of the new slimline card dies from Rubbernecker. Be sure to check out the rest of the release and visit their Facebook Fan Group for tons of inspiration!