Hi there, Jamie with you for another Monday and to help get your creativity started for the week with this simple shaker card!
I really LOVE this card that I made – it has 3 of my favorite elements. First it has leaves which I just can’t get enough of, second it’s a shaker card and cards that have movement are so much fun, then third the leaves are die-cut from glitter paper and everything looks better with glitter!!!
Here’s how my card was made:
- Cut leaves using the Flower #5 Die Cut from three different colors of glitter paper.
- Glue the leaves onto a white cardstock panel that has been die cut using the Nested Rectangle Stitched Die Set.
- Glue this panel onto a light blue card and set aside.
- To make the shaker frame, use two of the Rectangle Stitched die and make a frame from the same blue paper as the card.
- Glue a piece of acetate to the backside of the frame, then line the frame with thin foam tape. To help prevent the shaker bits from clinging to the acetate, rub it with a dryer sheet, then rub with a paper towel to get some of the film that it leaves off.
- Place shaker bits on your card, and place the acetate frame over them.
- Using the Hugs Die Cut #2, cut out the word on black cardstock and glue to the acetate and now your card is done. ANY of the adorable word dies from Rubbernecker will work so experiment!
Here are the items I used to make this simple shaker card:
And there you have it. A quick and beautiful paper hug to send to someone today! Were you able to create this project on your own? We would love to see your simple shaker card projects. Be sure to tag us at #rubberneckerstamps for a chance to be featured on our Instagram Account!