In today’s Stamp Along With Rubbernecker, you are going to be WOWed off your set with this incredibly inventive technique for adding texture to your cards using heat embossing. It is truly jaw dropping! Take a peek –
All of that incredible texture and shine and deliciousness was made by heat embossing and watercolor ink! Even though there are loads of fun ways for adding texture to cards, like all the embossing pastes and other media, Preeti us sharing her incredibly creative way to get all that with embossing powders and glittery goodies.
Watch the video and then scroll down for some additional details because we know you are going to want to add this to your weekend crafting lineup for SURE!
SO fun, right?
Here are some extra tips from Preeti:
- Start by adding your pine branches in a “garland” around the top and upper sides of your card panel. Stamp and emboss each shade one at a time.
- When you’ve got to look you like, heat up your panel and start sprinkling pinches of clear embossing powder over the surface and melt it as you go.
- Use your watercolors to paint over the entire panel, fading out the darkness as you get to the bottom.
- Once your watercoloring is completely dry, pounce some liquid adhesive over your surface and add mica flakes and/or glitter for that beautiful snowy reflection.
- Stamp and heat emboss your pine cones on brown card stock with your choice of powder – Preeti used a white with gold flecks to echo the sparkle in her background. Cur them out with the coordinating dies and add to your background.
- Stamp and add your sentiment with foam tape and add the whole panel to a card front, also with foam tape.
Easier than it looks and as Preeti says, use your imagination and let your creativity flow!
Here are the things Preeti used from our store to make this amazing card:
Are you excited to have a new way for adding texture to your cards? Are you itching to try this out? As Preeti says, we LOVE seeing your projects so don’t be shy! Share them to our Facebook page so we can be inspired!