Hello all – Lisa here! I’m sharing a floral sympathy card today using one of the beautiful flower sets from the shop and one of my favorite sentiments for sending love at one of the most difficult times we face.
Here’s how I made this one:
- I cut a panel of white cardstock using the largest of the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch Dies.
- I used some distress inks in yellow to first blend some yellow onto my background and then applied some of the orange through the Bold Rose Stencil. (I did this before I received my beautiful new Color Fuse inks from Rubbernecker and I can tell you since I got them I have used them in the same way and they worked beautifully!)
- Next I cut the Window w/ Pierce from a yellow that coordinated with my background.
- I stamped the Flower Bouquet and cut it using the Scan N Cut and then colored it in with my Copics. I went for a soft look this time with some peaches and yellows for the florals leaving some white space even (it’s ok to not color every part of your florals!) When I leave white, I like to use my blending marker to soften up the edges between the color and the white space.
- Next I cut a banner from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in the center using my Misti.
- Finally I assembled all of my pieces and adhered them with various thicknesses of foam tape. Added a few sequins and done!