These cute card ideas for Halloween PROVE that monsters don’t always have to be scary! Even though this Cute Monsters set isn’t really something I might choose for myself, I was excited to see that the parts and pieces are so fun and mixable that I just had to sit down and play with them! Between spooky Halloween cards and super CUTE Halloween cards like these, well, Rubbernecker sure has us covered!
The Card Base and Grass
- Cut the card base and the scallop layer using white cardstock.
- Apply masking tape around the border of the scallop layer and apply a cloudy blue background using a blender brush and light blue ink.
- Cut a 4.00″ x 5.24″ layer using green cardstock and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scene layer and attach it to the card base.
- Cut a strip of grass using green cardstock and attach it to the card base.
The Sentiment and Monsters
- Cut the upper and lower case letters using bright yellow cardstock.
- Apply threads of rolled up double stick tape to the back of the letters and attach them to the scene layer.
- Note: I wanted to be sure I’d have enough space for all the letters on a card front so I set them in place before I apply adhesive. Once that I saw they would fit I attached the H and the N in place and then filled in with the rest of the letters.
- Use brightly colored cardstock to cut the monsters.
- Mix and match the body parts and attach them together using glossy accents.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the monsters and attach them to the scene base.
As I said, I usually gravitate toward things based more in nature but these Cute Monsters made me want to step outside of that and I am just getting such a kick out of these little fellas trying to be scary but just ending up cute! Are you thinking about your own cute card ideas you can make with these? Remember you can always share your creations on the Rubbernecker Facebook page so we can all see what you are making!