Get all the little tips and tricks to make a cute die cut reindeer card that will give them the happy grins!
Today we have Dawn to thank for sharing her steps to make a cute die cut reindeer card with a fabulous starry background to give them a peaceful place to plop down and pose. Dawn says “I thought these adorable reindeer needed a night sky to showcase their adorableness.” Who would have thought one of Melinda Stearns’ hand painted background designs from our 6 X 6 The Scenic Route Paper Pad would be the perfect setting for these super cute buildable characters?
Let’s let Dawn walk us through the making in her own words.
- Get your night sky paper form the 6×6 Scenic Route Paper Pack.
- Cut 1/4″ off of one side and the bottom.
- Using the Slimline Hills Die, cut out some strips of white card stock. You want at least three strips.
- Pull out all of the colored card stock that you will need to use for your reindeer.
- This is the perfect time to use all of your scraps of colored card stock!
- Cut out all of your pieces.
- PRO TIP: I use a white piece of paper and lay all of the pieces in groups of color. That makes it easier to assemble with all of your pieces are together in one spot and easy to see.
- Build your reindeer.
- I use a precision tip glue bottle like Art Glitter Glue to adhere the pieces together.
- Lay your pieces together to get a feel where you want the snow drifts.
- Place your Evergreen Forest Die down as well so you can get your snow just right.
- Cut your Evergreen Forest Die out in black card stock. You want them to be in the background and this will give the illusion of depth.
- Now it’s time to glue your snow drifts down and your Evergreen Trees.
- When you glue down your drifts turn the panel over and trim off the excess.
- Using the Winter Animals 6×6 pad and the dies, cut out the tree and a few presents.
- Play with the placement till your happy with the tree and presents and glue them down.
- Add glue to the bottom of your reindeer and double your foam adhesive so they have dimension.
- Adhere them to your card.
- On a piece of white card stock stamp Merry Christmas using Merry Christmas Large/Small stamp set. Cut it with even borders all around it.
- Then take a piece of the same colored card stock that you use for your panel and cut it about an 1/8 inch base mat for your sentiment.
- I added a 1/8 of an inch mat then adhered it to my card base.
- This card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.
- Take a 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of white card stock and cutting on the 8 1/2 inch side cut at 5 1/2.
- Score your piece of card stock at 5 1/2.
- Adhere your card panel on your card base and your card is finished.
Rubbernecker here again – here are some closeups of the different sides of the card – you can really see all the details!
If you are smitten with these two cuties, here’s what you will want to snap up from the store:
Thanks to Dawn for taking us through her steps to make a cute die cut reindeer card with all the delicious details. We love how Dawn mixed our graphic style reindeer with the hand painted background and then added in the hand colored-look trees and gifts. This card is proof positive that styles can be blended when you have a delightful vision like Dawns!