Today we are sharing the perfect birthday card for a golfer featuring our “old” buddy Ralph again! We hope you are following along with us this week as we feature these hilarious characters that make every card so humorous. Yesterday we had one of Ralph Bending Over that left us giggling all day. Today we have Ralph Golfing, and we think he makes a stellar birthday card for any guy in your life!
Follow along with our designer, Jamie, as she creates this fun slimline birthday card!
Here’s how card was made:
- Stamp Ralph Golfing on watercolor paper with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink
- Color him up with Derwent Inktense Pencils. We love using different mediums on coloring these up. Jamie has always done really well with colored pencils and we love the outcome.
- Die-cut using the Ralph Golfing Die Cut and set aside.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the Slimeline OPC Scallop Die, you will have the slimline frame and three squares once cut.
- On one of the squares, Grass Color Fuse Ink was applied to the bottom of the square with a brush. We love doing this prior to adding the dies just to give it a little bit more dimension and add more color to the card.
- Die-cut grass from green cardstock using the Grass #2 Die Cut and glue to the bottom of the square with Zip Dry Glue and trim off any overhang of grass. Such a pretty look.
- Stencil clouds using Sonata Color Fuse Ink on the other two squares.
- Stamp Old Putter phrase to one of the stenciled cloud squares with black ink. There are tons of birthday sentiments in the shop, but this one fit so nicely.
- Cut a dark blue panel 3 1/4″ x 8 1/4″ and glue the frame and squares to this.
- Pop up Ralph using 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
- Randomly glue on blue sequins using Zip Dry Glue.
Didn’t this turn out so awesome! We love how simple it was to put together and know those golfers in our life would really enjoy receiving this as their birthday card. You could also use for a Fathers Day Card, maybe even an Anniversary Card or Retirement Card. Check back at the end of the week to see how our Designer Carol made a similar A2 card with comics! Also be sure to pin this card to Pinterest for later, as we know birthday cards are always in high demand. Follow us on Pinterest for tons of ideas! We hope you enjoyed todays card, come back tomorrow for a fun roundup of past cards!
All “Old Characters” are 10% off through the end of the week, be sure to stock up HERE!
Is this birthday card for a golfer not the cutest, most appropriate thing? If you know a fellow who loves to hit the links, this is the card for them!